2014 is turning out to be a major turning point for the biz-tech revolution as new technologies continue to emerge at alarming pace. If you haven’t heard about these 5 new biz-tech ideas; it’s time to start paying attention. These new emerging technologies may bring some fundamental changes to your world in the very near future.
- Bitcoins: the bit coin revolution could very well transform our current financial structure and the virtual currency has ignited the imagination of techies, investigators and investors alike. If you have any doubts about this, consider that the first Bitcoin ATM’s are already popping up all over the united states in Boston, New Mexico, and Texas. This decentralized currency is quickly gaining popularity as an alternative to the dwindling national bank system.
- 3-D Printing: although 3-d printing has been around for a couple of years now, the technology is now becoming more accessible and affordable for the average person. The World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council cites 3-D printing and remote manufacturing as emerging technologies, that could bring about significant change, “potentially revolutionizing the economics of manufacturing.”
- Remote Sensing: remote sensing technologies will continue to change the way we respond to the environment and how it responds back. Sensor technologies that are being placed in vehicles will allow cars to detect one another and reduce, if not eliminate, vehicle collision accidents. This is just one of the potential applications of remote sensing that is emerging this year.
- Augmented Reality: the lines between real and virtual worlds are being blurred through augmented reality technology like Google Glass. Augmented reality is now being used to simulate computer generated manipulations and supplementations to one’s surroundings in real-time. We will definitely be seeing more and more augmented reality technologies commercially available in 2014.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV): the FAA has recently stated that they expect to have a regulatory framework in place for UAV integration into the nations airspace by 2015. Internet retail giants such as Amazon are already talking about service delivery drones that can get you your product within an hour. Now is the time to get on the UAV bandwagon - it could make you the next billionaire!